Just want to make sure i am not missing something, but are there no universal printer drivers for linux OS?
For HP and Xerox printers, sorry
HP printers are legion
No such thing like a universal driver
Ok, that’s what i was trying to confirm. Thanks 🙂
But you were talking about local CUPS drivers running on linux?
Trying to brainstorm local printer management on thin clients because i guarantee it will be an ask eventually to be able to print from a browser. Unfortunately, we have a LOT of printers
The next thing to HP universal driver is HP Linux Imaging and Printing project. Parts of that which can be redistributed is integrated in IGEL OS.
When you check the add printer dialog for HP manufacturer the list is long but not complete.
But there are good chances for Office printers which support Postscript or some kind of PCL.
Thanks, I will check that out
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘Is there a universal printer drivers for linux OS?’. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above messasge thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- USB webcams in combination with RDP on IGEL OS?
- IGEL OS on Raspberry Pi?
- After upgrading to IGEL OS 11.04.200.01 my Citrix Storefront configuration does not work anymore – Error adding store: AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR
- Citrix session crashes with black screen, any advice and how do I find logging?
- Can I to use Remote desktop and webcam support via a thin client with IGEL software?
- IGEL UMS Universal Update Error: “could not resolve host name”
- What is required for Zoom VDI/Zoom Media Plugin for Citrix on IGEL OS?