Is there a way to bypass loading custom partitions at boot? We’ve tried failsafe boot, but that didn’t work. It seems like a problem loading a custom partition is causing the boot to fail by waiting indefinitely for it to load on some of our thin clients.
Well, the easiest way might be to reset the device to factory defaults from boot menu by pressing Esc before the bootsplash appears.
If that isn‘t an option, go to the rescue shell and change the CP Download to inactive by using setuserparam, setparam, etc…
I’m sorry… how do I access the rescue shell?
During boot, after bios, before bootsplash, ESC Key, then Emergency Boot, wait for GUI, CTRL ALT F11 and login as root.
Hope it helps to solve your issue!
Hey Jeremy, did you get the issue fixed?
Hello, Sebastien. We have been fixing them by resetting them to default factory settings. I found that commenting out the custom partition lines in /wfs/group.ini also lets them boot, but I’m still wondering what caused it. We have a case open.
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘Is there a way to bypass loading IGEL custom partitions at boot? ‘. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above message thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- Receiving error: “Citrix Receiver cannot create a secure connection in this browser” when launching a secure connection from Firefox on IGEL OS
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive
- Where to delete the certificates that cause ‘invalid certificate’ when trying to import an IGEL into UMS?
- How to change the default IGEL UMS admin password?
- IGEL UD3 (LX50) randomly get this error with Citrix: The X Request 130.1 caused error :”10: BadAccess ( attempt to access private resource denied) any ideas?
- IGEL UMS Universal Update Error: “could not resolve host name”
- Citrix connection via Netscaler Error: “AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR” on IGEL OS