Hello. is there any way of slimming down the igel 11OS. lots of unwanted clients in the bild i would like to remove, so it downloads from azure quicker when pushing to remote sites
You can disable the features you don’t need
@member Are you asking about trimming down the size of the .iso/.zip that is provided by IGEL?
I guess it’s no so t the “many” clients but the biggest 2 (Citrix and Horizon) which contribute the most to the fw size.
We have a profile we apply to devices that disables (removes) features we do not use. There isn’t a way I am aware of to remove them from the initial install, but once disabled for the device through profile, updates will not include the bits for those features.
See Feature selection in initial install –> kb.igel.com/igelos-11.05/en/installation-procedure-42011502.html
oh yeah, totally forgot about that. Thanks
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘Is there a way to create a slimmed down version of IGEL OS, not installing the clients we do need?’. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above messasge thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- USB webcams in combination with RDP on IGEL OS?
- After upgrading to IGEL OS 11.04.200.01 my Citrix Storefront configuration does not work anymore – Error adding store: AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR
- IGEL UMS Universal Update Error: “could not resolve host name”
- IGEL OS on Raspberry Pi?
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive
- Citrix session crashes with black screen, any advice and how do I find logging?
- Any plans to support Teams Optimization Pack for VMware?