Hello. is there any way of slimming down the igel 11OS. lots of unwanted clients in the bild i would like to remove, so it downloads from azure quicker when pushing to remote sites
You can disable the features you don’t need
@member Are you asking about trimming down the size of the .iso/.zip that is provided by IGEL?
I guess it’s no so t the “many” clients but the biggest 2 (Citrix and Horizon) which contribute the most to the fw size.
We have a profile we apply to devices that disables (removes) features we do not use. There isn’t a way I am aware of to remove them from the initial install, but once disabled for the device through profile, updates will not include the bits for those features.
See Feature selection in initial install –> kb.igel.com/igelos-11.05/en/installation-procedure-42011502.html
oh yeah, totally forgot about that. Thanks
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘Is there a way to create a slimmed down version of IGEL OS, not installing the clients we do need?’. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above message thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive
- Error “AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR ” adding store in Citrix Workspace App version 20.x on IGEL OS 11.04
- How to change the default IGEL UMS admin password?
- Error connecting to Citrix StoreFront “Error adding store: Http error”
- Receiving error: “Citrix Receiver cannot create a secure connection in this browser” when launching a secure connection from Firefox on IGEL OS
- Where to delete the certificates that cause ‘invalid certificate’ when trying to import an IGEL into UMS?
- IGEL UMS Universal Update Error: “could not resolve host name”