Question for the group…we are testing Zoom VDI with IGEL’s CP and everything is working great. The only remaining issue is the current selection of the microphones. Looks like Zoom is detecting the UD3 built-in mic which doesn’t work and the users will need to manually switch to a different one. Is there a way to disable the built-in mic via an iGEL policy or any way to control which default mic is being passed to Zoom? Thank you!
On Zoom plugin directly, would have to test but you could try first to set the Audio priorization like on “Default Sound Input”:
Yeah I saw that KB. I will give it a try and let you know. Thanks!
I forgot to ask when you said “On Zoom plugin directly” do you mean that the custom partition will have to be modified to default to a different mic? If so, is this something Zoom will have to do for us since the CP is being generated by Zoom directly?
How do I find the device name? If I am understanding this right I could set the device name by policy in iGEL and have that one become the new default? Device name: Name of the device, as it is shown on the Input tab of the Sound Preferences dialog. The name must be entered exactly as it is written, analogous to Default Sound Output. Examples: “Built-in Audio”, “Microsoft LifeChat LX-3000”.
Hi Alexandra, made a few Screenshots, hope that helps:
Yes, thanks a lot!
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘Is there a way to disable the built-in mic via an IGEL policy or any way to control which default mic is being passed to Zoom? ‘. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above message thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive
- Citrix connection via Netscaler Error: “AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR” on IGEL OS
- After upgrading to IGEL OS 11.04.200.01 my Citrix Storefront configuration does not work anymore – Error adding store: AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR
- USB webcams in combination with RDP on IGEL OS?
- IGEL UMS Universal Update Error: “could not resolve host name”
- Receiving error: “Citrix Receiver cannot create a secure connection in this browser” when launching a secure connection from Firefox on IGEL OS
- Error connecting to Citrix StoreFront “Error adding store: Http error”