Question for the group…we are testing Zoom VDI with IGEL’s CP and everything is working great. The only remaining issue is the current selection of the microphones. Looks like Zoom is detecting the UD3 built-in mic which doesn’t work and the users will need to manually switch to a different one. Is there a way to disable the built-in mic via an iGEL policy or any way to control which default mic is being passed to Zoom? Thank you!
On Zoom plugin directly, would have to test but you could try first to set the Audio priorization like on “Default Sound Input”:
Yeah I saw that KB. I will give it a try and let you know. Thanks!
I forgot to ask when you said “On Zoom plugin directly” do you mean that the custom partition will have to be modified to default to a different mic? If so, is this something Zoom will have to do for us since the CP is being generated by Zoom directly?
How do I find the device name? If I am understanding this right I could set the device name by policy in iGEL and have that one become the new default? Device name: Name of the device, as it is shown on the Input tab of the Sound Preferences dialog. The name must be entered exactly as it is written, analogous to Default Sound Output. Examples: “Built-in Audio”, “Microsoft LifeChat LX-3000”.
Hi Alexandra, made a few Screenshots, hope that helps:
Yes, thanks a lot!
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘Is there a way to disable the built-in mic via an IGEL policy or any way to control which default mic is being passed to Zoom? ‘. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above messasge thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- USB webcams in combination with RDP on IGEL OS?
- IGEL OS on Raspberry Pi?
- Can I to use Remote desktop and webcam support via a thin client with IGEL software?
- Citrix session crashes with black screen, any advice and how do I find logging?
- IGEL UMS Universal Update Error: “could not resolve host name”
- After upgrading to IGEL OS 11.04.200.01 my Citrix Storefront configuration does not work anymore – Error adding store: AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR
- What is required for Zoom VDI/Zoom Media Plugin for Citrix on IGEL OS?