Is there a way to initiate a refresh of a thin client/udpocket config from the igel desktop? I have a udpocket running on a laptop. When it goes to sleep I lose the ICG connection. Cant I just click something to have it reach out to the ICG/refresh the config somehow?
Which firmware are you using? The ICG should come back to UP automatically usually.
I guess what I’m getting at…is there a way to do a user initiated refresh of settings, icg reconnect, etc.
a lot of agents (say…Citrix WEM for example) you can right click on the tray icon and initiate a refresh. Just wondering if there is something similar in IGEL os
Without any kind of “warranty” 😉 I just created a profile which could cover your needs:
1. Icon in desktop / startmenu / etc or started with a Hotkey (CTRL ALT I) called: Config-Sync
2. as soon as you starts the app it will do the following: restart the network manager (that includes ICG), will wait 5 Sec, get the latest config and apply it
Hope that helps.
you are the best!
its just for our partner demo lab so no risk on my end 🙂
youre a wizard dude
Oh, I wish I could😅
Did it worked like expected?
Getting into azure lab to test now. I’ll let you know today!
works great! ty!
I see its basically some cmd line in there. Figured there had to be a way 🙂
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘Is there a way to initiate a refresh of a IGE thin client / UD Pocket config from the IGEL desktop?’. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above message thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- Receiving error: “Citrix Receiver cannot create a secure connection in this browser” when launching a secure connection from Firefox on IGEL OS
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive
- How to change the default IGEL UMS admin password?
- Where to delete the certificates that cause ‘invalid certificate’ when trying to import an IGEL into UMS?
- IGEL UMS Universal Update Error: “could not resolve host name”
- Citrix connection via Netscaler Error: “AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR” on IGEL OS
- IGEL UD3 (LX50) randomly get this error with Citrix: The X Request 130.1 caused error :”10: BadAccess ( attempt to access private resource denied) any ideas?