Is there a way to pass up a value from a thin client to UMS to be used as an attribute? It would be helpful to pull the Imprivata ProveID version and display it in UMS. I’ve picked apart a log file to get the version, but I don’t know how to get that information into UMS.
One value that’s stored on IGEL OS and that gets passed to UMS and that could be abused 🙂 for this purpose is the “structure tag”.
If you’re not already using structure tag (or won’t in the future) for it’s intended purpose, you can set this value locally through a UMS profile by running a shell command through “Firmware Customization -> Custom Commands”.
Your shell command just needs to dump the proveID version into the registry value using a command like this: setparam system.remotemanager.ums_structure_tag PROVE_ID_VER
You’ll then see this reflected in UMS when you select a device.
Thank you so much!!! I was able get the version to show up in UMS. I really appreciate the help!
Cool! glad to hear it worked for you
Hey @member could you please share the details how you got the pie version into structure_tag?
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘Is there a way to pass up a value from IGEL OS to UMS to be used as an attribute? ‘. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above messasge thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- USB webcams in combination with RDP on IGEL OS?
- IGEL OS on Raspberry Pi?
- Can I to use Remote desktop and webcam support via a thin client with IGEL software?
- Citrix session crashes with black screen, any advice and how do I find logging?
- IGEL UMS Universal Update Error: “could not resolve host name”
- After upgrading to IGEL OS 11.04.200.01 my Citrix Storefront configuration does not work anymore – Error adding store: AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR
- What is required for Zoom VDI/Zoom Media Plugin for Citrix on IGEL OS?