Is there a way to restart the JVDI client other than restarting the thin client?
Should be /etc/igel/cisco/cisco-jvdi-stop and cisco-jvdi-start
Thanks! I will try that out and will let you know.
I found that running the following through secure terminal will correctly re-establish connectivity between Jabber and JVDI client without having to reboot the IGEL device — /usr/bin/vxc-init
It would be cool to have this available for a user to run on demand using hotkey combo
What happens if you switch to user:
Can you start the command from tehre?
I’ll give that a shot here in a few. I originally logged on as user, and then entered su (or sudo?), and then had to enter the root password before I could run the command
Sebastien, when I enter su user /usr/bin/vxc-init, it prompts for password
even if you use
su user -c „/usr/bin/vxc-init“
Assuming that I typed it correctly, I’m still getting prompted for a password
Here is a profile that should work. CTRL ALT V would start the inti-script or start it from Desktop.
Many thanks! I will apply and test here in just a few
Unfortunately, it doesn’t appear to work as expected. I tried with the hotkeys, and I launched from the desktop with no luck. Not sure if it matters, but I didn’t receive any sort of notice or indication that something was running or trying to run
That‘s true, it just starts that process you sent before. There is no interaction.
hmmm, ok. well, do you happen to know a way I could confirm the status of the VXC service on the IGEL side?
I would expect
systemctl status vxc
systemctl restart vxc
would initiate a Service restart.
And, the way I’ve been testing is to secure terminal into a thin client with working JVDI and issuing the command /usr/bin/vxc-stop
Perfect, systemctl status vxc indicates that the service is stopped — Active: inactive (dead)
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘Is there a way to restart the JVDI client other than restarting the IGEL OS thin client?’. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above message thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- Receiving error: “Citrix Receiver cannot create a secure connection in this browser” when launching a secure connection from Firefox on IGEL OS
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive
- Where to delete the certificates that cause ‘invalid certificate’ when trying to import an IGEL into UMS?
- How to change the default IGEL UMS admin password?
- IGEL UMS Universal Update Error: “could not resolve host name”
- IGEL UD3 (LX50) randomly get this error with Citrix: The X Request 130.1 caused error :”10: BadAccess ( attempt to access private resource denied) any ideas?
- Citrix connection via Netscaler Error: “AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR” on IGEL OS