Is there a way to setup licenses to be auto-recovered if the unit ID it’s tied to is not in the UMS console? Or is license recovery a completely manual process?
At this time it is completely manual. IGEL does this as a safety precaution to make sure licenses are not removed by accident.
Hmm that’s rough. Guess I will have to come up with a way to automate it myself 🙂
Although it is manual and a real headache – I did talk with multiple IGEL staff at Disrupt and was happy to hear that the UMS and licensing Portal would share data in 2020. It is on the roadmap to do this from UMS! I have several requests in on this, and have talked to a lot of others that have this issue.
That’s good to hear 🙂
so how often you’ve got devices which are no longer used?
Right now not very as we are still in testing phase. We are looking to pilot in the next few months and potentially start widely deploying. We have 20,000 licenses. The main goal was to re-purpose some older hardware. A side effect of using older hardware is higher failure rate in the physical hardware which may mean replacing devices more often. At a scale of 20,000 licenses we could potentially be swapping licenses around quite a bit.
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘Is there a way to setup IGEL OS licenses to be auto-recovered if the unit ID it’s tied to is not in the UMS console?’. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above message thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- Error “AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR ” adding store in Citrix Workspace App version 20.x on IGEL OS 11.04
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive
- Receiving error: “Citrix Receiver cannot create a secure connection in this browser” when launching a secure connection from Firefox on IGEL OS
- How to change the default IGEL UMS admin password?
- Where to delete the certificates that cause ‘invalid certificate’ when trying to import an IGEL into UMS?
- Error connecting to Citrix StoreFront “Error adding store: Http error”
- IGEL UMS Universal Update Error: “could not resolve host name”