Hi, is there a way to update FireFox on my UD Pocket without setup UMS myself? Can I leverage someones (R&D/demo) UMS and/or other ways to update FireFox easy?
Hi, you can‘t update the firefox only. It‘s part of our Firmware. So if there is a need for a newer version, you should do a Firmware update.
UMS is not mandatory for that step, you can achieve that locally.
Download the latest version of our Firmware on igel.com igel.com, unpack the Zip file to a USB Stick formatted as Fat32, go to your Endpoint, open Igel Setup, Devices=>Storage Devices=>check Storage Hotplug=>Apply
Connect the Stick (check if the stick is mounted)
Go to System=>Update=>Firmware update=>Choose file=>In Server path use your stick and then Update Firmware
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘Is there a way to update FireFox on my UD Pocket without UMS installed?’. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above messasge thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- USB webcams in combination with RDP on IGEL OS?
- IGEL OS on Raspberry Pi?
- Can I to use Remote desktop and webcam support via a thin client with IGEL software?
- IGEL UMS Universal Update Error: “could not resolve host name”
- Citrix session crashes with black screen, any advice and how do I find logging?
- After upgrading to IGEL OS 11.04.200.01 my Citrix Storefront configuration does not work anymore – Error adding store: AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR
- What is required for Zoom VDI/Zoom Media Plugin for Citrix on IGEL OS?