Hi, is there a way to update FireFox on my UD Pocket without setup UMS myself? Can I leverage someones (R&D/demo) UMS and/or other ways to update FireFox easy?
Hi, you can‘t update the firefox only. It‘s part of our Firmware. So if there is a need for a newer version, you should do a Firmware update.
UMS is not mandatory for that step, you can achieve that locally.
Download the latest version of our Firmware on igel.com igel.com, unpack the Zip file to a USB Stick formatted as Fat32, go to your Endpoint, open Igel Setup, Devices=>Storage Devices=>check Storage Hotplug=>Apply
Connect the Stick (check if the stick is mounted)
Go to System=>Update=>Firmware update=>Choose file=>In Server path use your stick and then Update Firmware
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘Is there a way to update FireFox on my UD Pocket without UMS installed?’. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above message thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- Receiving error: “Citrix Receiver cannot create a secure connection in this browser” when launching a secure connection from Firefox on IGEL OS
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive
- How to change the default IGEL UMS admin password?
- Where to delete the certificates that cause ‘invalid certificate’ when trying to import an IGEL into UMS?
- IGEL UMS Universal Update Error: “could not resolve host name”
- IGEL UD3 (LX50) randomly get this error with Citrix: The X Request 130.1 caused error :”10: BadAccess ( attempt to access private resource denied) any ideas?
- Citrix connection via Netscaler Error: “AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR” on IGEL OS