I’m pretty sure I already know the answer, but is there a way to use a VNC client (such as VNC Viewer) to access remote IGEL thin clients that are connected through ICG? I know that I can use UMS and it works just fine. But, since I need to provide our service desk with a way to connect to these devices, I wanted to at least check before I start creating a locked down instance of UMS for them.
Well, if we are speaking about OS11, you have a IMI (RestAPI) Access:
There you could use the Secure shadowing:
And this one — to create help desk group in UMS to allow Shadow. kb.igel.com/endpointmgmt-6.04/en/access-rights-26035975.html
Many thanks and some interesting stuff to digest. Sounds like aside from some programming, the UMS console is the key piece here (yes, makes sense as I write it), so what if the UMS console was installed along with a VNC Viewer on a XenApp server and the VNC Viewer is published as an app?
Great question! Tbh. I would expect that it fails, since the Console would try to start it from it‘s filesystem but never tested it👍
FYI – I published UMS Console as a Citrix Published App and am able to use secure VNC to IGEL OS devices outside connecting through ICG
Cool find @member
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘Is there a way to use a VNC client (such as VNC Viewer) to access remote IGEL thin clients that are connected through IGEL ICG? ‘. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above message thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- Receiving error: “Citrix Receiver cannot create a secure connection in this browser” when launching a secure connection from Firefox on IGEL OS
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive
- How to change the default IGEL UMS admin password?
- Where to delete the certificates that cause ‘invalid certificate’ when trying to import an IGEL into UMS?
- Citrix connection via Netscaler Error: “AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR” on IGEL OS
- IGEL UMS Universal Update Error: “could not resolve host name”
- Error connecting to Citrix StoreFront “Error adding store: Http error”