Is there an easy way to tell what configuration is being applied on boot? I have a machine that receives this message each time it boots.
hmmmmmmmm… not BEFORE the settings are applied, I don’t think. unless someone knows if the settings are stored in a temporary file before being applied
you would have to look at the UMS
I suspect it’s the system recognizing an external screen. Is that normal behavior? For some reason I feel like I only see this inside the office with our UMS. We aren’t using the ICG for now but definitely don’t recall seeing it off-net.
System, RemoteManagement,Default Action on boot, Apply changes immadiately.
@member he was asking how to see what the changes are
> I suspect it’s the system recognizing an external screen. Is that normal behavior?
No that is not normal. A new screen would not cause the configuration to be updated from the UMS
That’s what I figured. Any thoughts on how to troubleshoot this?
Thanks, then if logging is active (UMS Administration, Logging), you could look after a reboot, right click on device Logging, Messages/Event!
> Any thoughts on how to troubleshoot this?
Well the question is, what event is triggering the config change? E.g. a network change, which reconnects the device to UMS, and the device receives the latest settings from UMS
Do other people use the UMS? Do you have any Default Directory Rules or Jobs?
Also, try @member’s advice with the logging 👍
> device receives the latest settings from UMS
my train of thought is that the settings in the UMS are changing and then get propagated to the device
Thank you both! I’ll turn on logging. I’m actually going to move the license to a new device so I’ll see if the issue persists there as well.
awesome. If you make any progress let us know 🙂
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘Is there an easy way to tell what configuration is being applied to IGEL OS on boot?’. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above message thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- Receiving error: “Citrix Receiver cannot create a secure connection in this browser” when launching a secure connection from Firefox on IGEL OS
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive
- Where to delete the certificates that cause ‘invalid certificate’ when trying to import an IGEL into UMS?
- How to change the default IGEL UMS admin password?
- IGEL UMS Universal Update Error: “could not resolve host name”
- IGEL UD3 (LX50) randomly get this error with Citrix: The X Request 130.1 caused error :”10: BadAccess ( attempt to access private resource denied) any ideas?
- Citrix connection via Netscaler Error: “AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR” on IGEL OS