Is there a profile or local configuration to block bootable Linux thumb drives on thin clients? Id like to only use IGEL OS and that’s it
What do you mean exactly? Disabling USB Boot in Bios would make sense to me but we can‘t deliver a profile for that.
That’s what I figured. I have a UD3 and I just want to run IGEL OS only. No ability to boot another OS. I may just need to disable USB ports. How is that disabled locally on a UD3?
I would start the device, go into Bios (Del Key after pressing Power button), Boot Options (can‘t check atm), disable USB Boot, F10 to save.
or use superglue 😉 SCNR
Here we go (no, not the superglue):
Funny enough, USB boot is disabled already. Hmm, how is it booting from USB then? Lol. Maybe it’s a bios bug?
Let me ask it another way: what happened that you wanted to disable USB Boot?
Someone plugged in a USB device and booted to a Linux OS using the UD3. USB Boot is disabled by default. So, I found it curious.
Seems like the UD3 didn’t have a password. So, case closed, lol
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘Is there an IGEL UMS profile or local configuration to block bootable Linux thumb drives on thin clients?’. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above message thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- Receiving error: “Citrix Receiver cannot create a secure connection in this browser” when launching a secure connection from Firefox on IGEL OS
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive
- How to change the default IGEL UMS admin password?
- Where to delete the certificates that cause ‘invalid certificate’ when trying to import an IGEL into UMS?
- IGEL UMS Universal Update Error: “could not resolve host name”
- IGEL UD3 (LX50) randomly get this error with Citrix: The X Request 130.1 caused error :”10: BadAccess ( attempt to access private resource denied) any ideas?
- Citrix connection via Netscaler Error: “AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR” on IGEL OS