Question: is there an option to utilized the UD2/3 device as a desktop? IE create a custom partition and publish LINUX apps.
You mean publishing like on VDA Connector on Citrix but for Linux or install a full blown Linux on it?
As a suggestion, you could a look on this thread regarding virtualbox on our Firmware maybe: igelcommunity.slack.com/archives/C8WEVHWH2/p1549809775067700
Completely bypass Citrix/VDI environment to save on license costs, etc and use the IGEL as a thin client / desktop.
Well, in a certain way yes, but it can’t replace the VDI service. In fact, when speaking about local Apps that aren’t Linux compatible the virtualbox topic might help, if speaking about Linux apps, the Custom Partition Feature could be an idea to test (on OS11: requires Enterprise Mgt. Pack):
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘Is there an option to utilized the IGEL UD2/3 device as a desktop? For example, create a custom partition and publish LINUX apps?’. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above message thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- Receiving error: “Citrix Receiver cannot create a secure connection in this browser” when launching a secure connection from Firefox on IGEL OS
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive
- How to change the default IGEL UMS admin password?
- Where to delete the certificates that cause ‘invalid certificate’ when trying to import an IGEL into UMS?
- IGEL UMS Universal Update Error: “could not resolve host name”
- IGEL UD3 (LX50) randomly get this error with Citrix: The X Request 130.1 caused error :”10: BadAccess ( attempt to access private resource denied) any ideas?
- Citrix connection via Netscaler Error: “AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR” on IGEL OS