Is there any way to create an icon for a script (Command line) and/or start it with a keystroke combination?
Custom command options are not enought because they must to be configured on start or end of a session and we need to run it on any moment.
Hi, which kind of commands?
Like this, to verify second monitor resolution:
xrandr –output $SECONDARY –mode 1024×768 –panning 0x0
This is part of a Bash / Shell script somewhere in Filesystem, right? If yes, can you share the whole part?
I attach you the script.
Customer idea is to use the same effect that Display Switch but running from a script to apply change when is needed and save it for next reboot.
He is thinking on save configuration file on “/etc/gdm/Init/Default” or the folder that uses Display Switch
I do not know if the script works or not but you can create a Icon on the Desktop, Context Menu, or Startmenu areas with a Firmware Customization/Custom Application. You can ether combine it with a Custom Partition or a File Copy to devices for it to work. I use a CP so I can also import the Icon and Script that I want to use and keep up with the Version of the File at the same time.
Yes, sorry… A bit messy today… Working on a profile @member Will post in a few minutes.
Here is a profile. Assign, Reboot and you can test. I didn’t had time to test the outcome on a Physical client, but the result should be a screen setting, right?
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘Is there any way to create an icon for a script (Command line) and/or start it with a keystroke combination on IGEL OS?’. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above messasge thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- USB webcams in combination with RDP on IGEL OS?
- IGEL OS on Raspberry Pi?
- After upgrading to IGEL OS 11.04.200.01 my Citrix Storefront configuration does not work anymore – Error adding store: AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR
- Citrix session crashes with black screen, any advice and how do I find logging?
- Can I to use Remote desktop and webcam support via a thin client with IGEL software?
- IGEL UMS Universal Update Error: “could not resolve host name”
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive