Hi to all,
Is there any way to integrate IGEL devices with SAP R/3?
This customer uses Citrix with Windows VDIs with SAP GUI to connect to SAP R/3.
His Citrix Cloud had a problem and he cannot acces during hours.
Then, he ask for if exist any way to connect directly to his R3 server on a Datacenter. With a client like SAP GUI.
From what I know of SAP, that can mean a lot of things. How do they connect to SAP, browser or local app? If it is a local app, is there a Linux version?
Customer is using SAP GUI for Windows to connect directly to his SAP environment: Production, development and Quality. Installed on Windows server.
On IGEL, he has Windows 2019 desktops with Citrix. There, SAP GUI is installed.
Is possible to access directly from IGEL desktop to SAP. Production environment will be enough.
I found a SAP GUI installer for Linux Ubuntu. I suppose that could be installed on IGEL with Custom Partition.
Anyone has tested it?
Same thing we are looking for. Does anyone have any updates to this topic?
I am not sure, does SAP even make a GUI client for Linux?
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘Is there any way to integrate IGEL devices with SAP R/3?’. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above message thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- Receiving error: “Citrix Receiver cannot create a secure connection in this browser” when launching a secure connection from Firefox on IGEL OS
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive
- How to change the default IGEL UMS admin password?
- Where to delete the certificates that cause ‘invalid certificate’ when trying to import an IGEL into UMS?
- Citrix connection via Netscaler Error: “AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR” on IGEL OS
- IGEL UMS Universal Update Error: “could not resolve host name”
- Error connecting to Citrix StoreFront “Error adding store: Http error”