Is there documentation to upgrade the UD3-LX42 (M330C) from Linux v5 to Linux v10 or is the hardware unsupported? Same question regarding the UD3-LX50 (M340C). Is Linux v5 end of life soon?
Hi Neil, The UD3-LX42 can be upgraded from V5 to V10. However please bear in mind that that model of device loses all support for extended desktops in a multi monitor setup on V10. You will be stuck with a single screen or Mirrored screen setup. The UD3-LX50 can be upgraded with no caveats. Details of the upgrade process can be found at the below link. kb.igel.com/igellinux/en/upgrading-igel-ud-iz-devices-from-igel-linux-v5-to-igel-linux-10-4237536.html
What are the benefits (if any) to upgrading from IGEL OS 5 to IGEL OS 10 on a LX-50 (M340C)?
V10 will get firmware updates long after V5 will, and currently has a few new features that V5 doesn’t. Also V10 looks a bit more modern.
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘Is there documentation to upgrade the UD3-LX42 (M330C) from IGEL OS 5 to IGEL OS 10?’. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above message thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- Receiving error: “Citrix Receiver cannot create a secure connection in this browser” when launching a secure connection from Firefox on IGEL OS
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive
- How to change the default IGEL UMS admin password?
- Where to delete the certificates that cause ‘invalid certificate’ when trying to import an IGEL into UMS?
- Citrix connection via Netscaler Error: “AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR” on IGEL OS
- IGEL UMS Universal Update Error: “could not resolve host name”
- Error connecting to Citrix StoreFront “Error adding store: Http error”