Hi, I build a profile for Horizon View but after a log off there is no new login screen and the last user is not logged off at all. I tried the Post command log off but after testing this there is no difference. What do I miss?
Have you tried ticking Restart under Desktop Integration?
Yes, restart is ON
Ok. What did you put into the Post Logoff command?
It works for now with this command but is this a kind of repair or is this the way to go with a Horizon Client?
No that looks good. With this enabled, what happens is that after you disconnect from the desktop session, it will then also log out of the VMware Horizon server. At that point, the Restart option will then show a new login window for VMware Horizon.
So I would say that for your use case, this configuration is correct. 🙂
Well, I’m more a Citrix person so Horizon View and their clients is rather new for me. But indeed it works so fine for me now. Thanks for thinking with me in this case!
No probs! Glad you were able to get it working.
The way I understand it is, that command is basically the Vmware equivalent of logging you out of Storefront when you disconnect/log off from a Published Desktop in Citrix. (if that makes it simpler)
In storefront I could make a setting on server level to log off the user. Not the user session but the storefront login of the user. I usually set this at one minute to solve things
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘Issue with Horizon View, after a log off there is no new login screen and the last user is not logged off at all’. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above message thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- How to change the default IGEL UMS admin password?
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive
- Receiving error: “Citrix Receiver cannot create a secure connection in this browser” when launching a secure connection from Firefox on IGEL OS
- Error “AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR ” adding store in Citrix Workspace App version 20.x on IGEL OS 11.04
- Where to delete the certificates that cause ‘invalid certificate’ when trying to import an IGEL into UMS?
- IGEL UMS Universal Update Error: “could not resolve host name”
- Citrix connection via Netscaler Error: “AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR” on IGEL OS