Hi Community, does anyone of you know of an issue with IGEL OS 11.03.500 (UP Pocket) and incompatibility with Broadcom BCM 43288 802.11 a/b/g/n Chipset? Wi-Fi is not showing up under the IGEL OS Version 11.03. UD Pocket 10.05 working just fine. Any Ideas? Thanks in advance:)
Hi Philipp, you could try to „unuse“ the backport driver:
System,Registry,Network,drivers.use_backport_driver to False
Hi Sebastien, well you are my hero for the day. It worked! Do you have any futher information about this “issue”?
You are welcome! Happy to help!
The WiFi backport drivers are needed to support newer WiFi devices (mainly newer INTEL chips) but some thirdparty WiFi drivers work better without that driver set!
Just to be 100% clear: The backport drivers are mandantory to support newer WiFi devices , so it wouldn’t be benificial to enroll this registry option to all UD Pocket devices just to be sure the WiFi device will work on any plattform?
Right, I would only use it on Devices that don‘t work like expected!
Is it possible to hand off this Setting to an user without the need to access the registry via the Configuration Menu? Maybe with the help of a custom Bash Script?
Generally speaken, yes. You could work with the separam command, here is a list with available commands:
Then put in /wfs and kb.igel.com/igelos-11.03.500/en/creating-a-custom-application-27245332.html
Wow Sebastien, thank you very much. Really appreciate your incredible help:-)))))
You are welcome Philipp!
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘Issue with IGEL OS 11.03.500 (UP Pocket) and incompatibility with Broadcom BCM 43288 802.11 a/b/g/n Chipset?’. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above message thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- Receiving error: “Citrix Receiver cannot create a secure connection in this browser” when launching a secure connection from Firefox on IGEL OS
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive
- How to change the default IGEL UMS admin password?
- Where to delete the certificates that cause ‘invalid certificate’ when trying to import an IGEL into UMS?
- IGEL UMS Universal Update Error: “could not resolve host name”
- IGEL UD3 (LX50) randomly get this error with Citrix: The X Request 130.1 caused error :”10: BadAccess ( attempt to access private resource denied) any ideas?
- Citrix connection via Netscaler Error: “AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR” on IGEL OS