Good day all,
Wanted to ask a two quick (hopefully easy questions) regarding Icons & wall paper on the desktops
1. Has anyone experienced the issue with the desktop not taking the icons or wallpaper, or some are there others are not? I sometime get them pushed down and other times don’t, just get the icon with the gear
2. Is there anyway to organize the Icon’s in a specific location…Example, I want to keep 4 application icons on the left side and keep Browser icons on the right side. Trying to see if I can keep certain Icon’s/apps in certain places on the desktop (hopefully I’m explaining this well??)
Thanks for any suggestions or feedback.
Good afternoon, are you using an ICG (Igel Cloud Gateway) or UMS? Are you using Firmware Customizations or how did you setup the Wallpapers?
We are using ICG Cloud. Cloud is connected to the device OK and all other updates being pushed work as well. Just from time to time we have this issue. Short cuts still work and stuff, would just be nice to have the desktop wall paper and the icons showing what we programmed too.
and yes, firmware customization is where it’s setup
Yes… Transferring Firmware Customizations through ICG isn‘t supported officially for the moment (like other bigger files like FW Updates).
You could follow this tutorial in the meantime and test if it fits in your needs.
For the icons, AFAIK you can’t re-arrange them 😞 or if you can, it doesn’t survive a reboot
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘Issue with the IGEL OS desktop not taking the icons or wallpaper, or some are there others are not? and Is there anyway to organize the Icon’s in a specific location?’. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above messasge thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- USB webcams in combination with RDP on IGEL OS?
- IGEL OS on Raspberry Pi?
- Can I to use Remote desktop and webcam support via a thin client with IGEL software?
- IGEL UMS Universal Update Error: “could not resolve host name”
- Citrix session crashes with black screen, any advice and how do I find logging?
- After upgrading to IGEL OS 11.04.200.01 my Citrix Storefront configuration does not work anymore – Error adding store: AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR
- What is required for Zoom VDI/Zoom Media Plugin for Citrix on IGEL OS?