We have a problem with the buddy update. We have configured one Buddy Update Server in one branch and the other clients as Buddy Update Client. But in the configuration of the clients the Buddy Update Server is not stored. The Universal Firmware Update 11.05.100 itself on the UMS server overwrites the settings of the clients in the branch. Buddy Update Server and Buddy Update Clients are assigned in profiles. So where is the error?
Hello Sebastian, that’s right! The Universal Firmware Profile acts as a kind of Master Profiles, it will overwrite standard Buddy Slaves Profiles. So, I would rather assign the the FWU Profiles only to Buddymaster, and Buddyslaves only to slaves.
The error was that I applied the FWU over the entire environment, this overwrote my settings in the store. Thanks!
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘Issues with UMS server overwriting Buddy Update settings of the clients in the branch’. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above message thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- Error “AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR ” adding store in Citrix Workspace App version 20.x on IGEL OS 11.04
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive
- How to change the default IGEL UMS admin password?
- Error connecting to Citrix StoreFront “Error adding store: Http error”
- Receiving error: “Citrix Receiver cannot create a secure connection in this browser” when launching a secure connection from Firefox on IGEL OS
- Where to delete the certificates that cause ‘invalid certificate’ when trying to import an IGEL into UMS?
- IGEL UMS Universal Update Error: “could not resolve host name”