It is possible to use more than 4 Screens with an Igel UD7?
Hi Eike, no unfortunately not… Is there a specific use case maybe?
We would like to operate more than 4 monitors at one workstation. In the past there was the possibility to run more than X monitors with UD5 and two UD3.
Yes, that was UMD… right!
Is there a plan to support more than 4 screens in the future? Maybe with one or more thinClients?
@member something to share maybe?
Hi it is possible to use more then 4 monitors but probably not really stable or with good performance. You can use a USB DisplayLink adapter to connect additional monitors but this is not guranteed to work.
@member thanks! is it something Igel would support or is it a best effort based?
It’s best effort due to the many different DisplayLink devices out there. We have only 2 for testing and with them it works. The others should work too but the DisplayLink Linux drivers are not really the best and binary only (so nothing we could do here). But the support is present in the Firmware and it normally should work out of the box.
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘It is possible to use more than 4 Screens with an IGEL UD7?’. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above message thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- Receiving error: “Citrix Receiver cannot create a secure connection in this browser” when launching a secure connection from Firefox on IGEL OS
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive
- Where to delete the certificates that cause ‘invalid certificate’ when trying to import an IGEL into UMS?
- How to change the default IGEL UMS admin password?
- IGEL UMS Universal Update Error: “could not resolve host name”
- IGEL UD3 (LX50) randomly get this error with Citrix: The X Request 130.1 caused error :”10: BadAccess ( attempt to access private resource denied) any ideas?
- Citrix connection via Netscaler Error: “AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR” on IGEL OS