Hello, we’re currently trying to passthrough our Jabra USB headsets connected to an IGEL UD3-LX 60 to a Windows Terminal server via RDP.
We enabled the USB redirection under RDP >> RDP global >> Native USB Redirection and also added a rule for audio devices to allow them but the hardware doesn’t get recognized on the Windows server.
Are there any other settings we’re missing?
(The passthrough from a Windows client via RDP to the Windows terminal server is working. Looks like IGEL is the problem in this case.)
Hello Sebastian, is there a specific use case why you are trying to redirect the device through USB redirection? Generally spoken: redirecting Audio devices through USB Redirection isn’t really helpful, IMHO.
The devices are working locally, and you can change the Output/Input Devices locally in the sound mixer.
No there isn’t a special use case. Just thought this is the way to go…
So how can I present my local headset to the terminal server?
Just use the standard Audio channel:
and choose them in Local Sound Mixer:
Thanks for that!
We’re directly log a user into the terminal server. (Don’t know how this is called in the settings)
The user has in this case no access to the igel sound preferences. He just sees a login-screen which directly logs them into the server.
Is it possible to predefine these settings?
You are welcome!
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘Jabra USB headsets connected to an IGEL OS UD3-LX ‘. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above message thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- Error “AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR ” adding store in Citrix Workspace App version 20.x on IGEL OS 11.04
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive
- Receiving error: “Citrix Receiver cannot create a secure connection in this browser” when launching a secure connection from Firefox on IGEL OS
- How to change the default IGEL UMS admin password?
- Where to delete the certificates that cause ‘invalid certificate’ when trying to import an IGEL into UMS?
- Error connecting to Citrix StoreFront “Error adding store: Http error”
- IGEL UMS Universal Update Error: “could not resolve host name”