Looking for a profile configuration to lock down a terminal and put a message on the screen asking a user to contact IT – the use case is an old device in a remote site, maybe not powered on for months. We have a ‘Lost Terminals’ container within UMS, so if one of these ‘Lost Terminals’ powers on after several months, instead of using an old profile and old settings, it simply locks the device and tells the user to contact IT so we can ensure the correct profiles go onto it. Has anybody done anything like this?
If you already have a container for that, easiest way would be to assign a Firmware Customization with a special Background that you have created and assign nothing else to the folder (disabling the taskbar maybe useful). Or did I misunderstood you?
You can create a view based on the last boot time (example, longer as 180 days ago) and then you can assign Profiles (like lock up / changing background) based on the view with an Administrative Task.
Or you could use Devicetrust and use contextual awarness to decide what the user is allowed to use if he is using an old configuration and dipslay him an notification
@member can help you with this idea 😉
This is something which can be addressed with deviceTRUST. If a user connects with an IGEL thin client with an outdated firmware, deviceTRUST is used to a) identify this and b) denies access to the virtual session with a pre-defined message to the user. In addition, deviceTRUST can trigger the IGEL UMS to actively update the specific thin client automatically. After that the user can access his workspace again. No support case or administrative task is needed.
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘Looking for an IGEL UMS Profile configuration to lock down a terminal and put a message on the screen asking a user to contact IT?’. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above message thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- Receiving error: “Citrix Receiver cannot create a secure connection in this browser” when launching a secure connection from Firefox on IGEL OS
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive
- How to change the default IGEL UMS admin password?
- Where to delete the certificates that cause ‘invalid certificate’ when trying to import an IGEL into UMS?
- IGEL UMS Universal Update Error: “could not resolve host name”
- Citrix connection via Netscaler Error: “AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR” on IGEL OS
- IGEL UD3 (LX50) randomly get this error with Citrix: The X Request 130.1 caused error :”10: BadAccess ( attempt to access private resource denied) any ideas?