Looking for my IGEL users to be able to reset their Windows passwords. We are a Citrix shop. Would this be a IGEL configuration or Citrix Storefront configuration needed?
You can certainly enable password changing within Storefront, probably the ideal place to do it.
You are able to change to change your password straight from the IGEL client as well – I just had this case today! When the password expires you will be notified when logging into Storefront, and a New Password dialog is presented.
Are you looking for a way to self-service reset a forgotten password?
I have enabled the SF option. This only works for me when the users password is expired or required to change on next logon via AD. What I am also looking for is similar to Windows CAD keystroke, if there a way for a user natively on an IGEL to change their Windows password if those options are not set in AD for the user object. Basically looking for a way users can change their passwords without Help Desk getting involved.
If the password must be changed then a dialog will appear locally on IGEL OS when Citrix Workspace login is attempted with expired password.
Understood @member but what if a user just wants to change their password randomly by their own doing?
Ah, I see what you mean. I guess you would need to do that through the Browser as there isn’t a utility for that on IGEL OS.
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘Looking for my IGEL users to be able to reset their Windows passwords?’. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above message thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- Receiving error: “Citrix Receiver cannot create a secure connection in this browser” when launching a secure connection from Firefox on IGEL OS
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive
- Where to delete the certificates that cause ‘invalid certificate’ when trying to import an IGEL into UMS?
- How to change the default IGEL UMS admin password?
- IGEL UMS Universal Update Error: “could not resolve host name”
- IGEL UD3 (LX50) randomly get this error with Citrix: The X Request 130.1 caused error :”10: BadAccess ( attempt to access private resource denied) any ideas?
- Citrix connection via Netscaler Error: “AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR” on IGEL OS