Hi, hope this is right channel. Have a customer looking into converting Wyse 5060, 5070 and 3040 running Thinos into IGEL management. Anyone have information to share?
What sort of info are you after? I did a study a while back on Wyse va IGEL comparing them both.
Hi Carl, you still up 😉 So the customer wants to convert those Wyse into IGEL so they can manage all their Thin Clients from UMS. Just wondering if it works. The customer did not find any information online so I’m reaching out here.
Just walked in the door (midnight) after work Xmas party.
I’ll dig out the info I have and send it over.
The models you mentioned can be converted over to IGEL without any problem.
Perfect Carl 🙂
There is also the #community-hcl channel for unofficial hardware info
Hi Trond, yes it works. The attached should help and you can also take a look at www.igel.com/thinos-replacement-evaluation
Are there any guides on how the process work, my customer is interested in learning prior
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘Looking into converting Wyse 5060, 5070 and 3040 running Thinos into IGEL OS, any advice?’. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above messasge thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- USB webcams in combination with RDP on IGEL OS?
- IGEL OS on Raspberry Pi?
- Can I to use Remote desktop and webcam support via a thin client with IGEL software?
- IGEL UMS Universal Update Error: “could not resolve host name”
- Citrix session crashes with black screen, any advice and how do I find logging?
- After upgrading to IGEL OS 11.04.200.01 my Citrix Storefront configuration does not work anymore – Error adding store: AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR
- What is required for Zoom VDI/Zoom Media Plugin for Citrix on IGEL OS?