I’ve heard reports that people are missing a “Gain” slider in the sound settings, which used to help fix problems with echo. Does that sound familiar to anyone? I searched our available settings, but didn’t see anything about it.
Maybe this link? igelcommunity.slack.com/archives/C8GP9JHQE/p1614883001015000
Thank you for that, Ron. That looks like it’s for balance, which I also don’t see, but our users are asking about gain. It sounds like the slider existed for firmware 10 but not for 11.
I can confirm that the slider does exist in OS 11
Which version of 11 are you checking? I am using 11.04.264. When I image a thin clients to 10.06.120, I don’t see gain, but I do see an ‘Advanced’ button on the ‘Input’ tab of the ‘Sound Preferences’ program, and this has a ‘Sidetone’ slider, which might be what they are describing.
You mean the “gain” slider? If so, I stand corrected, I do not have that in the various versions of OS 11. For some reason I thought you said you didn’t see the balance slider in OS 11
I originally asked about a gain slider (though it might be sidetone instead), and Ron mentioned a balance slider, which is not what I meant, and which I do still seel in firmware 11 (thanks for checking, though!).
Can you provide a screenshot of the slider that you want and have on OS10?
On OS10 we used the Gnome Volume Control from what I recall, on OS11 Pulseaudio. The Gain function (from the GUI) is bounded to gnome. Will ask if there is a way to tweak around.
Ask a question or comment on the above message thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- Receiving error: “Citrix Receiver cannot create a secure connection in this browser” when launching a secure connection from Firefox on IGEL OS
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive
- How to change the default IGEL UMS admin password?
- Where to delete the certificates that cause ‘invalid certificate’ when trying to import an IGEL into UMS?
- IGEL UMS Universal Update Error: “could not resolve host name”
- IGEL UD3 (LX50) randomly get this error with Citrix: The X Request 130.1 caused error :”10: BadAccess ( attempt to access private resource denied) any ideas?
- Citrix connection via Netscaler Error: “AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR” on IGEL OS