Has anyone ever had a user with monitor issues that flash, have lines in the screen, and tiny areas of “sparking spots?” (only way I know how to explain that weird one) Does this sound like a resolution issue?
Well, it could be related to a couple of reasons, let me ask;
• which kind of display connector
• Display type
• is the issue happening when no session is started
• Display Port on monitor into PC, all one cable no adapters.
• Display type – one monitor
• Resolution – 1920 x 1080
I have seen that from time to time with a bad cable and also with a display going out. Try first to replace display cable.
If you are using a DisplayPort to HDMI, DisplayPort to DVI, DisplayPort to VGA or HDMI to VGA cable and are having issues we recommend using an active video adapter in conjunction with a video cable as illustrated below:
DisplayPort output > DisplayPort to HDMI active adapter > HDMI to HDMI cable > Monitor input
DisplayPort output > DisplayPort to DVI active adapter > DVI to DVI cable > Monitor input
DisplayPort output > DisplayPort to VGA active adapter > VGA to VGA cable > Monitor input
HDMI output > HDMI to VGA active adapter > VGA to VGA cable > Monitor input
What is the difference between active and passive?
Active cables and adapters contain have their own built in chip which converts the video signal from say DisplayPort to HDMI, they also convert the digital DisplayPort or HDMI signal to the analogue VGA signal
Passive cables and adapters do not have such a conversion chip built in. Instead they rely on the source to do the conversion. Unless the source has the ability to output analogue over DisplayPort or HDMI then an active adapter is required for VGA output.
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘Monitor issues that flash, have lines in the screen, and tiny areas of “sparking spots” running IGEL OS’. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above message thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- Receiving error: “Citrix Receiver cannot create a secure connection in this browser” when launching a secure connection from Firefox on IGEL OS
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive
- How to change the default IGEL UMS admin password?
- Where to delete the certificates that cause ‘invalid certificate’ when trying to import an IGEL into UMS?
- IGEL UMS Universal Update Error: “could not resolve host name”
- Citrix connection via Netscaler Error: “AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR” on IGEL OS
- Error connecting to Citrix StoreFront “Error adding store: Http error”