hello, i am a complete novice and would like to start with a small number of igel clients in a brand new Microsoft RDS 2016 enviremont.
I installed succesfully the latest Igel ums 5.09 on a windows server and added most of the thin clients
Are there things or settings that i have to change for making the thin client enviremont more secure/stable. Or things to do to make it easier for the clients.
Any tip and treaks would be more then welcome
Thx a lot!
Have you seen the getting started guide?
Hi Daan! Good to have you onboard!
Yes, they are a few things I would recommend but they depend from your environment…
Let‘s start with the Step by step guide
Then, you may have a look into the security doc:
Thx for the links and the guide. It’s a lot to read but i will try to understand it all 😉
Just pick out what you need, it isn‘t mandatory to follow each step😅
There’s also this good (slightly old) guide on securing the endpoint.
@member right, this guide moved to kb, that was my second link🙏
Nice, good to see it in the KB now 👍
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘New to IGEL, recommendations to make IGEL deployment more secure and stable?’. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above messasge thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- USB webcams in combination with RDP on IGEL OS?
- IGEL OS on Raspberry Pi?
- Can I to use Remote desktop and webcam support via a thin client with IGEL software?
- Citrix session crashes with black screen, any advice and how do I find logging?
- After upgrading to IGEL OS 11.04.200.01 my Citrix Storefront configuration does not work anymore – Error adding store: AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR
- What is required for Zoom VDI/Zoom Media Plugin for Citrix on IGEL OS?
- IGEL UMS Universal Update Error: “could not resolve host name”