How to Enhance IGEL OS Security via the IGEL UMS
Watch this IGEL Tech-Tips Tuesday video to learn how to enhance security and lockdown IGEL OS via the IGEL UMS.
By default, the IGEL OS is secure by design, but there is always more than can be done. In this session, you will learn the finer details on how to lockdown and enhance security when deploying the IGEL OS via the IGEL UMS.
Presented by Sebastian Perusat, IGEL Community FELLOW.
In this video, Sebastien will teach you how to:
• 01:00 General Discussion
• 04:20 Disabling features
• 05:05 Define an Admin Password
• 05:32 Disabling the Smartcard Daemon
• 05:50 Disable SSH Service
• 06:05 Enable USB Access Control
• 07:40 Disable Storage Hotplug
• 08:10 Disable Bluetooth
• 08:52 Disable Console Switcher
• 10:00 Enable Screenlock/Saver (Password sync on Citrix)
• 11:30 Postsession Command
• 12:20 Testing
• 13:40 Removing unneeded features from GUI
• kb.igel.com/endpointmgmt-6.07/en/mail-settings-43107458.html Mail Settings
• kb.igel.com/endpointmgmt-6.07/en/sending-a-view-as-mail-43107156.html Sending a View as Mail
• kb.igel.com/endpointmgmt-6.07/en/export-view-result-via-mail-43107356.html Export View Result via Mail
• kb.igel.com/igelos-11.05/en/remote-access-42011436.html Remote Access
• kb.igel.com/igelos-11.05/en/usb-access-control-42011409.html USB Access Control
• kb.igel.com/igelos-11.05/en/access-control-42011284.html Access Control
Yes great stuff!
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘NEW video – How to Enhance IGEL OS Security via the IGEL UMS’. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above message thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive
- USB webcams in combination with RDP on IGEL OS?
- Receiving error: “Citrix Receiver cannot create a secure connection in this browser” when launching a secure connection from Firefox on IGEL OS
- After upgrading to IGEL OS 11.04.200.01 my Citrix Storefront configuration does not work anymore – Error adding store: AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR
- Any plans to support Teams Optimization Pack for VMware?
- IGEL UMS Universal Update Error: “could not resolve host name”
- Citrix connection via Netscaler Error: “AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR” on IGEL OS