No Wifi on HP ProBook 650 G1 after update to 11.05.100. This setting to use the backport wifi driver modules is gone?
There is no firmware in /lib/firmware/b43…
Just in case, do you have a 18.04 by hand to check if it works there?
I will test it. It was working on 11.04.240.
It is not working out of the box on the Live / Installation media of Ubuntu 18.04.
But I just checked with an unused UD-Pocket with 10.2.150 where the wifi works. I can’t see any modules for wifi being loaded, so it’s probably build-in. It might use the firmware in /lib/firmware/bcrm, /lib/firmware/b43 is empty, too. It says: “wlan0: Broadcom BCM4359 802.11 Hybrid Wireless Controller 126.96.36.1991 (r587334)”.
After installing Ubuntu 18.04 wifi works.
Looks like 11.05.112 build will fix this issue!
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘No Wifi on HP ProBook 650 G1 after update to IGEL OS 11.05.100’. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above message thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- Receiving error: “Citrix Receiver cannot create a secure connection in this browser” when launching a secure connection from Firefox on IGEL OS
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive
- Where to delete the certificates that cause ‘invalid certificate’ when trying to import an IGEL into UMS?
- How to change the default IGEL UMS admin password?
- IGEL UMS Universal Update Error: “could not resolve host name”
- IGEL UD3 (LX50) randomly get this error with Citrix: The X Request 130.1 caused error :”10: BadAccess ( attempt to access private resource denied) any ideas?
- Citrix connection via Netscaler Error: “AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR” on IGEL OS