No Wifi on HP ProBook 650 G1 after update to 11.05.100. This setting to use the backport wifi driver modules is gone?
There is no firmware in /lib/firmware/b43…
Just in case, do you have a 18.04 by hand to check if it works there?
I will test it. It was working on 11.04.240.
It is not working out of the box on the Live / Installation media of Ubuntu 18.04.
But I just checked with an unused UD-Pocket with 10.2.150 where the wifi works. I can’t see any modules for wifi being loaded, so it’s probably build-in. It might use the firmware in /lib/firmware/bcrm, /lib/firmware/b43 is empty, too. It says: “wlan0: Broadcom BCM4359 802.11 Hybrid Wireless Controller 188.8.131.521 (r587334)”.
After installing Ubuntu 18.04 wifi works.
Looks like 11.05.112 build will fix this issue!
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘No Wifi on HP ProBook 650 G1 after update to IGEL OS 11.05.100’. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above message thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- Error “AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR ” adding store in Citrix Workspace App version 20.x on IGEL OS 11.04
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive
- Receiving error: “Citrix Receiver cannot create a secure connection in this browser” when launching a secure connection from Firefox on IGEL OS
- How to change the default IGEL UMS admin password?
- Where to delete the certificates that cause ‘invalid certificate’ when trying to import an IGEL into UMS?
- Error connecting to Citrix StoreFront “Error adding store: Http error”
- IGEL UMS Universal Update Error: “could not resolve host name”