Hi – when I want to convert PCs to OS11 with OSCW IGEL Unified Management Agent it is not possible when the target machine has not 4GB RAM. But the minimal requirements for OS11 is only 2GB RAM. With the USB boot stick I am able to convert machines with only 2GB.
that’s true, I remember that it is related on how the the Bootimage / ISO is mounted, together with Windows atm. and the fact that the actual images of 11.04 are a bit over 2GB we have to ask for at min. 4GB of RAM on OSCW.
So you know no possibility to force installation with 2 GB RAM?
We have to convert about 40 PCs in our branch office in UK, with lots of old WIN7 PCs lower than 4GB RAM. We can’t go on site, to do the migration with usb stick because of corona, so it would be great to do this with OSCW.
is PXE an option? Just setup a small PXE server or use our own one.
Thank you for your efforts, I will check this solution approach.
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘Not able to convert devices with under 4GB RAM using OSCW IGEL Unified Management Agent?’. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above messasge thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- USB webcams in combination with RDP on IGEL OS?
- IGEL OS on Raspberry Pi?
- After upgrading to IGEL OS 11.04.200.01 my Citrix Storefront configuration does not work anymore – Error adding store: AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR
- IGEL UMS Universal Update Error: “could not resolve host name”
- Citrix session crashes with black screen, any advice and how do I find logging?
- What is required for Zoom VDI/Zoom Media Plugin for Citrix on IGEL OS?
- Can I to use Remote desktop and webcam support via a thin client with IGEL software?