Hi – when I want to convert PCs to OS11 with OSCW IGEL Unified Management Agent it is not possible when the target machine has not 4GB RAM. But the minimal requirements for OS11 is only 2GB RAM. With the USB boot stick I am able to convert machines with only 2GB.
that’s true, I remember that it is related on how the the Bootimage / ISO is mounted, together with Windows atm. and the fact that the actual images of 11.04 are a bit over 2GB we have to ask for at min. 4GB of RAM on OSCW.
So you know no possibility to force installation with 2 GB RAM?
We have to convert about 40 PCs in our branch office in UK, with lots of old WIN7 PCs lower than 4GB RAM. We can’t go on site, to do the migration with usb stick because of corona, so it would be great to do this with OSCW.
is PXE an option? Just setup a small PXE server or use our own one.
Thank you for your efforts, I will check this solution approach.
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘Not able to convert devices with under 4GB RAM using OSCW IGEL Unified Management Agent?’. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above message thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive
- Citrix connection via Netscaler Error: “AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR” on IGEL OS
- How to change the default IGEL UMS admin password?
- After upgrading to IGEL OS 11.04.200.01 my Citrix Storefront configuration does not work anymore – Error adding store: AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR
- Error connecting to Citrix StoreFront “Error adding store: Http error”
- Receiving error: “Citrix Receiver cannot create a secure connection in this browser” when launching a secure connection from Firefox on IGEL OS
- Where to delete the certificates that cause ‘invalid certificate’ when trying to import an IGEL into UMS?