We are searching for an workstation offline solution whos working into IGEL OS.
currently we have only VDI throught vmware client,which works fine on igel by the way. And the flex horizon does not seem the best way for ours external users because we would like to keep managed the endpoint system with ums.
do you have an idea to setup this kind of solution ?
we thinks at virtual machine run by igel os but we dont know if its really doable. maybe someone have setup another offline solution and we are opened about this .
Hi, on offline working I’m seing a few ideas to work with:
1) Ask fior a few Custom Partitions for the Applications you need, and try to replicate your work locally (I created an unsupported Libreoffice CP as an example)
2) having the device building up a Samba or CIFS Share to access files, and try to work with the builtin tools like Evince PDF Reader, Thunar, etc…
3) having the feature Virtualbox enabled which would enable you to have you running a VM on IgelOS.
Hope that helps!
hi Sebastian ! thanks for all this ideas. we will look for one of them. any date about VirtualBox ?
Virtualbox is already there✊
Assign the corresponing Firmware to your endpoint, go to System, Firmware Customization, Features, Virtualbox
Start the Virtualbox Client from CLI or an Custom Application by choosing the Binary: virtualbox
oh ok sorry for this misunderstand ! nice job
I should have mentioned it, my mistake 🙏
nopb thks a lot
Ask a question or comment on the above messasge thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- USB webcams in combination with RDP on IGEL OS?
- IGEL OS on Raspberry Pi?
- Can I to use Remote desktop and webcam support via a thin client with IGEL software?
- Citrix session crashes with black screen, any advice and how do I find logging?
- After upgrading to IGEL OS 11.04.200.01 my Citrix Storefront configuration does not work anymore – Error adding store: AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR
- What is required for Zoom VDI/Zoom Media Plugin for Citrix on IGEL OS?
- IGEL UMS Universal Update Error: “could not resolve host name”