Quick question – what OS is everybody using for the IGEL Cloud Gateway (ICG)
Redhat Enterprise 7.8 here.
Tip — Check with your company for Linux standard. If it is not on the list of IGEL supported version — file exception to use one that is on the list. Here is the list:
Debian 10, Ubuntu (Hosted in Azure), and CentOS (Local lab / not supported)
CentOS at work, Ubuntu in lab
Oracle Enterprise Linux 7 at work (because that was the only option when I made it), Debian 10 at home.
and as a general tip, CentOS and Oracle Enterprise Linux are basically Red Hat with different branding and minor changes (that shouldn’t affect anything).
They are, but be careful because they are not on the supported OS list. If you run into problems, you may be asked to reinstall on a supported OS.
There are differences in the repositories and some of the software contained within. Normally this doesn’t affect ICG, but your millage may vary
Ubuntu 18.04 hardened with CIS standards.
Ask a question or comment on the above message thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive
- Error “AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR ” adding store in Citrix Workspace App version 20.x on IGEL OS 11.04
- How to change the default IGEL UMS admin password?
- Receiving error: “Citrix Receiver cannot create a secure connection in this browser” when launching a secure connection from Firefox on IGEL OS
- Where to delete the certificates that cause ‘invalid certificate’ when trying to import an IGEL into UMS?
- IGEL UMS Universal Update Error: “could not resolve host name”
- Error connecting to Citrix StoreFront “Error adding store: Http error”