A question for the NoMachine nxclient users in the crowd (yes, both of you). with the release of NM 7, I am getting an update request to update the client on my IGEL UD3, running 11.04.240.01, to v7. However, when I try to, it asks for an admin name. I assume that would be root. So I enter that, then it asks for the password, which I have set, and it fails. So, am I using the wrong user name, is there a given procedure for updating the nxclient on IGEL OS that I just can’t find in the KB, or can you only get nxclient updates via IGEL-OS updates? Just wondering if this is something I can do or not. Cheers.
From what I recall the Nxclient update in that case, is initiated by the server. The Admin Password requested during that process, is the local Igel OS Admin Password (aka. root).
This update will unfortunately fail, since we (as Igel) have to implement it into our Firmware. I‘ve asked, NX7 is planned to be integrated soon, I will keep you posted!
Ask a question or comment on the above message thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- Error “AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR ” adding store in Citrix Workspace App version 20.x on IGEL OS 11.04
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive
- Receiving error: “Citrix Receiver cannot create a secure connection in this browser” when launching a secure connection from Firefox on IGEL OS
- How to change the default IGEL UMS admin password?
- Where to delete the certificates that cause ‘invalid certificate’ when trying to import an IGEL into UMS?
- Error connecting to Citrix StoreFront “Error adding store: Http error”
- IGEL UMS Universal Update Error: “could not resolve host name”