A question for the NoMachine nxclient users in the crowd (yes, both of you). with the release of NM 7, I am getting an update request to update the client on my IGEL UD3, running 11.04.240.01, to v7. However, when I try to, it asks for an admin name. I assume that would be root. So I enter that, then it asks for the password, which I have set, and it fails. So, am I using the wrong user name, is there a given procedure for updating the nxclient on IGEL OS that I just can’t find in the KB, or can you only get nxclient updates via IGEL-OS updates? Just wondering if this is something I can do or not. Cheers.
From what I recall the Nxclient update in that case, is initiated by the server. The Admin Password requested during that process, is the local Igel OS Admin Password (aka. root).
This update will unfortunately fail, since we (as Igel) have to implement it into our Firmware. I‘ve asked, NX7 is planned to be integrated soon, I will keep you posted!
Ask a question or comment on the above messasge thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- USB webcams in combination with RDP on IGEL OS?
- IGEL OS on Raspberry Pi?
- Can I to use Remote desktop and webcam support via a thin client with IGEL software?
- Citrix session crashes with black screen, any advice and how do I find logging?
- After upgrading to IGEL OS 11.04.200.01 my Citrix Storefront configuration does not work anymore – Error adding store: AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR
- IGEL UMS Universal Update Error: “could not resolve host name”
- What is required for Zoom VDI/Zoom Media Plugin for Citrix on IGEL OS?