Getting strange permissions error, access denied, regardless of app in the custom partition. Have tried 2 different versions of Chrome and Chromium by following the KB. Firmware 11.03.580.
I’ve tried running /custom/chromium-browser/usr/lib/chromium-browser/chromium-browser as both user and root and get same permission error with either one.
Attached screenshot is output of cmd ll /usr/lib/chromium-browser/chromium-browser
Since i’m not getting any messages about libraries or dependencies I’m not sure how to troubleshoot.
on the second to bottom line, notice how the permissions are -rw-r–r–? That means nobody has execute permissions for that file. Try chmod +x /path/to/that/file to add that
Thanks Josh! That was certainly part of it, now I get expected shared library error which I will work through next.
Is this something the CP init script is supposed to do?
if you’re following along with the Chromium KB, the chromium-browser init script should do that but there’s an error in it: chown -R root:system should be chown -R root:root
that may be preventing the chmod 755 below it from running against that directory correctly
I changed it to root:root before executing but still got those errors until I manually ran the chmod command.
ahh ok, so the file ownership propagates down with the -R but the permission change to 755 is only for the mount point. You would indeed have to do the chmod +x by hand, as propagating those permissions recursively would probably be a bad idea. I’ll review this when I get the chance and see if this a step we need to add to the guide
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘Permissions error, access denied, regardless of app in the custom partition on IGEL OS’. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above message thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- Receiving error: “Citrix Receiver cannot create a secure connection in this browser” when launching a secure connection from Firefox on IGEL OS
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive
- How to change the default IGEL UMS admin password?
- Where to delete the certificates that cause ‘invalid certificate’ when trying to import an IGEL into UMS?
- IGEL UMS Universal Update Error: “could not resolve host name”
- Citrix connection via Netscaler Error: “AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR” on IGEL OS
- IGEL UD3 (LX50) randomly get this error with Citrix: The X Request 130.1 caused error :”10: BadAccess ( attempt to access private resource denied) any ideas?