Anyone out there using Phillips Speech Mike III with IGEL and xendesktop? I’ve been able to have the track ball/mouse within the mic and the audio/recording to work but the advanced buttons basically the forward, backward, record button don’t work. I’ve used PID/VID IGEL and Citrix and enabled the Phillips channel on iGEL. The mic is recognized under device manager. I am out of ideas any help?
Hi @member You should not use VID:PID redirection, disable that. The key lies in the drivers on clientside and serverside. They must match 100%
If you are using IGEL Linux v10, the drivers on serverside from phlilips should be g12.4_swt_3.8.380.14
And you should have the philips channel enabled of course
@member I’ve just enabled the channel via profile. How do I handle the drives from the server side? For the time being I’ve installed the drivers as part of the virtual desktop. Thanks!
What do you mean by “handle the drives from serverside”?
I guess I am really confused… what’s the driver gt12.4_swt…? Where do I need to load the driver? I am using OS 3 10.03.570 and LX 10.03.570 devices.
So far I have only enabled the Phillips channel in the profile.
As soon as I disable the vid:PID redirection then I do not have access to the Microphone. Looks like the Phillips channel by itself doesn’t work.
gt12.4… is the driver version you need to have on serverside, it is a philips driver package, where you install a citrix component to enable the channel.
everything fails due to that you have the driver(channel) enabled on the client, but not on the server (or at least not the correct version).
server side = your VDI/Session Host machines
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘Phillips Speech Mike III with IGEL and Citrix Xendesktop? Track ball/mouse within the mic and the audio/recording to work but the advanced buttons don’t work.’. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above message thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- IGEL UD3 (LX50) randomly get this error with Citrix: The X Request 130.1 caused error :”10: BadAccess ( attempt to access private resource denied) any ideas?
- Error “AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR ” adding store in Citrix Workspace App version 20.x on IGEL OS 11.04
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive
- Receiving error: “Citrix Receiver cannot create a secure connection in this browser” when launching a secure connection from Firefox on IGEL OS
- How to change the default IGEL UMS admin password?
- Error connecting to Citrix StoreFront “Error adding store: Http error”
- What distro of Linux the IGEL kernel is based on?