Hello ! Could somebody explain me the utility of the Host (external) and the Port (external) fields? I added the hostnames/FQDNs I want to use in the SSL self-signed certificate when I generated it, it’s for me the important point if you want to cover multiple FQDNs, so I don’t understand the Host (external) field in this step of the configuration of the ICG. And if I specify an another Port to use (for example: 8444) in the field port (external), the ICG does not listen to this port, only on the port specified for the communication between UMS and ICG (8443 by default). Thanks in advance for the precisions 🙂
Hello, let me try to explain it this way:
your ICG gets two kind of connections:
• from UMS=>ICG (mostly internal)
• From endpoints to ICG
So, if the host you specified during installation of our certifcates differs from the real external one, you would add this hostname.
Hello! OK, understood for the Host. For the Port (external) part, I configured a différente port (8444) in my case, and the ICG doesn’t look listening to this port, only to port 8443 (when I did a netstat in ssh on the ICG).
Did you specified that specific port during your ICG Installation?
During the installation, the step before my first screenshot where I had to specify a port was the step below (screenshot from the IGEL KB and not my installation) where I left the default port 8443 and where I couldn’t specify a 2nd port. It’s why I don’t understand the interest of the Port (external) at the step “Connect new IGEL Cloud Gateway”
It would be useful if you had a firewall device NATing/port translating that 8444 to 8443 between the IGEL and ICG. Same with IP translation for public>private.
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘Please explain me the utility of the Host (external) and the Port (external) fields in IGEL ICG configuration ‘. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above message thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- Receiving error: “Citrix Receiver cannot create a secure connection in this browser” when launching a secure connection from Firefox on IGEL OS
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive
- Where to delete the certificates that cause ‘invalid certificate’ when trying to import an IGEL into UMS?
- How to change the default IGEL UMS admin password?
- IGEL UMS Universal Update Error: “could not resolve host name”
- IGEL UD3 (LX50) randomly get this error with Citrix: The X Request 130.1 caused error :”10: BadAccess ( attempt to access private resource denied) any ideas?
- Citrix connection via Netscaler Error: “AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR” on IGEL OS