While testing the Post Session: “Logoff” command for our VMware Horizon, we run into a problem. When we have the setting set for the command to be logoff. When a user signs in for the first time it immediately logs them out. After a second sign on it will take them directly into their desktop. Its almost like the sign on page for Windows is triggering the post session command. When we disable that setting it logs in like normal.
On which firmware version are you testing? Even if this shouldn‘t be the cause, are your post session and vmware profiles based on the right firmware version?
The IGEL firmware is 11-11.01.130
I believe that the profiles and post session are using the same.
Great, thanks! I think, we have to find out why the login page reacts this way… Could you check the vmware-* logs under /var/log/ ?
I know it sounds weird, but could you downgrade to 11.01.100? There we use a 4th version instead of v5 of horizon client. Just to see how the issue evolves?!
Downloading 11.01.100 right now to push firmware.
The logs on the thin client show /var/log/Xorg /var/log/igfmount and /var/log/user/tcsetup I don’t see anything for vmware on that. I’ll update once I try running it with 11.01.100.
Going to 11.01.100 did appear to fix that problem. It will log in now on the first attempt and log out of the thin client when logging out of the Horizon session.
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘Post Session: “Logoff” command on VMware Horizon – User signs in for the first time it immediately logs them out, second login take them to desktop ‘. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above message thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive
- Error “AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR ” adding store in Citrix Workspace App version 20.x on IGEL OS 11.04
- Receiving error: “Citrix Receiver cannot create a secure connection in this browser” when launching a secure connection from Firefox on IGEL OS
- Error connecting to Citrix StoreFront “Error adding store: Http error”
- How to change the default IGEL UMS admin password?
- IGEL UD3 (LX50) randomly get this error with Citrix: The X Request 130.1 caused error :”10: BadAccess ( attempt to access private resource denied) any ideas?
- Where to delete the certificates that cause ‘invalid certificate’ when trying to import an IGEL into UMS?