Hello! We are having problems with 4K TV screens and Citrix sessions. If we logon to a Citrix session with 4K resolution the screen remains black. We do see the mouse pointer though. We also know that the Citrix session is working. Our user is properly logged in. Selecting a lower resolution (2550) does work. It also works if we connect a Windows laptop and set it to work at 4K. Does this sound familiar to anyone? We use UD3-LX50 clients with 10.05.800.01 firmware.
@member if you go into BIOS on your UD3-LX50 device and set the Video RAM to 512 MB shared memory, will that effect in any way?
could you also try to disable or enable the hardware acceleration in Citrix?
Assuming you have the mmcp (Multimedia Codec Pack) licensed, to check:
Ums=>your device=>main Window=>Product ID should end with C or AC
Do you maybe have a UD Pocket to test another piece of hardware like the windows laptop you mentioned?
Thanks! Something with the H264 codec. After disabling it we have video.
If you open a local terminal and type vdpauinfo you will see how many pixels the current gpu can handle in h264. If you fall our of the scope, you shouldn’t use h264. Doesn’t matter how much ram you assign to the gpu.
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘Problem with 4K TV screens and via Citrix session on IGEL OS, screen remains black’. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above message thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive
- Error “AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR ” adding store in Citrix Workspace App version 20.x on IGEL OS 11.04
- Receiving error: “Citrix Receiver cannot create a secure connection in this browser” when launching a secure connection from Firefox on IGEL OS
- Error connecting to Citrix StoreFront “Error adding store: Http error”
- How to change the default IGEL UMS admin password?
- IGEL UD3 (LX50) randomly get this error with Citrix: The X Request 130.1 caused error :”10: BadAccess ( attempt to access private resource denied) any ideas?
- Where to delete the certificates that cause ‘invalid certificate’ when trying to import an IGEL into UMS?