Hi, On some of my devices the Display Switch freezes when trying to apply certain changes. Most of the time I cannot do anything anymore with the system. Any ideas what could be causing this?
Hi Fred, which Firmware are you using?
11.03.583 a special build to remedy some monitor issues. But I had this small problem also on previous Firmwares but it dows not happen on all systems of the same Firmware level. In this case it happens on a HP Compaq Pro 6200 model
A Challenge is that I cannot do anything with the system. No reboot, shutdown, shadow
Is that happening only in that version?
So the whole machine freezes and even the network is gone? What graphics hardware do they have?
I’d ssh into the machine and open logfiles (X11, syslog) with tail -f and watch what happens.
It turned out that it was mainly caused by the NVIDIA Quadro K6xx graphics. removed that one and now it is ok.
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘Problem with Display Switch freezing when trying to apply certain change on IGEL OS’. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above message thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- Error “AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR ” adding store in Citrix Workspace App version 20.x on IGEL OS 11.04
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive
- How to change the default IGEL UMS admin password?
- Error connecting to Citrix StoreFront “Error adding store: Http error”
- Receiving error: “Citrix Receiver cannot create a secure connection in this browser” when launching a secure connection from Firefox on IGEL OS
- Where to delete the certificates that cause ‘invalid certificate’ when trying to import an IGEL into UMS?
- IGEL UMS Universal Update Error: “could not resolve host name”