We are having issues getting an Epson document scanner to redirect into a RDP session via Native USB Redirection. I’ve tried connecting a different brand of scanner and didn’t have any trouble.
The logs show an error message stating “Cannot redirect USB device 04B8:0155 with multiple interfaces!!!” when trying to connect. Has anyone else ran into this and found a solution?
Not directly but first thing (and they are not so much alternatives): check if your scanners are supported by SANE Project:
If yes: write a custom command that scans through SANE to a samba share or to a local folder that is mapped to the session.
and use the sane integration if supported by Scanner and map the scan directory into the session: (System=>Firmware Customization=>Features=>Sane support) and use linux.die.net/man/7/sane
or thinking about Fabulatech: www.fabulatech.com/scanner-for-remote-desktop.html
Thanks for the recommendations. I tried the Fabulatech redirection but it continuously looses connection. It looks like Epson has a GUI front end to SANE that I may try in a custom partition. I was hoping for the native redirection to work though that way the end user didn’t have to leave the RDP session at all.
That sounds promising! Please keep us in the loop if you need further assistance in CP creation process!
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘Problem with Epson document scanner to redirect into a RDP session via Native USB Redirection – Error “Cannot redirect USB device 04B8:0155 with multiple interfaces!”‘. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above message thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive
- USB webcams in combination with RDP on IGEL OS?
- Receiving error: “Citrix Receiver cannot create a secure connection in this browser” when launching a secure connection from Firefox on IGEL OS
- After upgrading to IGEL OS 11.04.200.01 my Citrix Storefront configuration does not work anymore – Error adding store: AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR
- IGEL UMS Universal Update Error: “could not resolve host name”
- Citrix connection via Netscaler Error: “AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR” on IGEL OS
- Citrix Optimized Teams user’s call crash when attempting to share screen on IGEL OS