I have a problem with usb redirection with RDP sessions. It’s activated for Mass Storage devices. I can see the device and its contents. But copying to or from is nearly impossible, it’s very slow. Sometimes it disappears. In syslog I can see lines like ‘usb 1-3: reset high-speed USB device number 5 using ehci-pci’.
Are we speaking about a Mass storage device like a USB stick or disc?
I would assume that yes: is there another reason why you are using USB Redirection?
Could you try to use the local mount and mapping instead of USB Redirection?
I would only keep the following:
Mounting a Device locally in Igel OS: Storage Hotplug
Yes, USB sticks. It was the easiest way to do it. Never checked if it really works, now I got a complaint… 😉 I’ll try it with local mount.
When I try to enable Storage Hotplug and save this profile it is disabled again the next time I edit this profile?!
That‘s surprising!! Can you set it locally on an endpoint and try it locally?
Hm, I don’ have the setup on the client. I even can’t enable it in a new profile…
Can you provide a Screenshot when you enabled it in your profile?
I just noticed, when I once activated Static Mapping and save it, it gets saved and after that I can save it with Dynamic Mapping…
Now it kind off works, would be nice to exclude local disks like internal drives from getting mounted.
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘Problem with usb redirection with RDP sessions, copying to or from is nearly impossible’. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above messasge thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- USB webcams in combination with RDP on IGEL OS?
- IGEL OS on Raspberry Pi?
- After upgrading to IGEL OS 11.04.200.01 my Citrix Storefront configuration does not work anymore – Error adding store: AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR
- IGEL UMS Universal Update Error: “could not resolve host name”
- Citrix session crashes with black screen, any advice and how do I find logging?
- What is required for Zoom VDI/Zoom Media Plugin for Citrix on IGEL OS?
- Can I to use Remote desktop and webcam support via a thin client with IGEL software?