I’m having problems configuring Buddy Server/Client. I’m configuring like this one (its simple because only simple settings) kb.igel.com/igelos-10.06.100/en/configuring-the-buddy-update-server-24391765.html but I’m getting a bootloop after enabling the buddy server, after every restart there is the message “to enable this feature there is a restart needed” and if I try to update a client as buddy client, there is the error that at the specific buddy server there is no firmware located. any hints?
On which Firmware version are you trying to enabling the Buddy Update? Is the Profile version matching the endpoint ones (even if I don’t believe this is the cause)?
10.05.100 to go to 10.06.X and than to 11. not sure why the buddy server option don’t get active
Problem was that I had to reassign the firmware to the buddy server so the TC can do the little firmware update to enable all settings for working as a buddy server. after that it was working like a charm, going from old 10 to newer 10 via buddy and upgrade to OS11 via buddy. very nice.
Ask a question or comment on the above message thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- Receiving error: “Citrix Receiver cannot create a secure connection in this browser” when launching a secure connection from Firefox on IGEL OS
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive
- Where to delete the certificates that cause ‘invalid certificate’ when trying to import an IGEL into UMS?
- How to change the default IGEL UMS admin password?
- IGEL UMS Universal Update Error: “could not resolve host name”
- IGEL UD3 (LX50) randomly get this error with Citrix: The X Request 130.1 caused error :”10: BadAccess ( attempt to access private resource denied) any ideas?
- Citrix connection via Netscaler Error: “AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR” on IGEL OS