I’m having problems configuring Buddy Server/Client. I’m configuring like this one (its simple because only simple settings) kb.igel.com/igelos-10.06.100/en/configuring-the-buddy-update-server-24391765.html but I’m getting a bootloop after enabling the buddy server, after every restart there is the message “to enable this feature there is a restart needed” and if I try to update a client as buddy client, there is the error that at the specific buddy server there is no firmware located. any hints?
On which Firmware version are you trying to enabling the Buddy Update? Is the Profile version matching the endpoint ones (even if I don’t believe this is the cause)?
10.05.100 to go to 10.06.X and than to 11. not sure why the buddy server option don’t get active
Problem was that I had to reassign the firmware to the buddy server so the TC can do the little firmware update to enable all settings for working as a buddy server. after that it was working like a charm, going from old 10 to newer 10 via buddy and upgrade to OS11 via buddy. very nice.
Ask a question or comment on the above messasge thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- USB webcams in combination with RDP on IGEL OS?
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive
- After upgrading to IGEL OS 11.04.200.01 my Citrix Storefront configuration does not work anymore – Error adding store: AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR
- Citrix session crashes with black screen, any advice and how do I find logging?
- Any plans to support Teams Optimization Pack for VMware?
- IGEL OS on Raspberry Pi?
- IGEL UMS Universal Update Error: “could not resolve host name”