We’re looking for some more information on opening an application through the RDP Session.
We’ve tried adding in a program path under the “Application” line in many different ways but still the application is not opening when the client logs in.
Is there any alternate shell option or do you need to use remoteapp?
Along the same lines any article to customize an RDP session would be much appreciated. Looking to lock out IGEL OS and Desktop as much as possible for the end user but still be able to get to the IGEL desktop if we need to make configuration changes.
Thanks in advance!
Start a certain application upon connection:
•Program name must start with || (this is how Windows expects it)
Turned out to be just the set-up on the Windows Server was missing.
• Installed Remote Desktop Services
• Established RDSH (remote desktop session host) as a role service
• Established Remote Licensing as a role service
I entered this into the application field to open my Ignition Client Launcher
C:Program FilesInductive AutomationVision Client Launchervisionclientlauncher.exe -Dapp.home=C:UsersGrantek.ignitionclientlauncher-data -Dapplication=MyProject
Ask a question or comment on the above message thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- Error “AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR ” adding store in Citrix Workspace App version 20.x on IGEL OS 11.04
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive
- Receiving error: “Citrix Receiver cannot create a secure connection in this browser” when launching a secure connection from Firefox on IGEL OS
- How to change the default IGEL UMS admin password?
- Where to delete the certificates that cause ‘invalid certificate’ when trying to import an IGEL into UMS?
- Error connecting to Citrix StoreFront “Error adding store: Http error”
- IGEL UMS Universal Update Error: “could not resolve host name”