We’re looking for some more information on opening an application through the RDP Session.
We’ve tried adding in a program path under the “Application” line in many different ways but still the application is not opening when the client logs in.
Is there any alternate shell option or do you need to use remoteapp?
Along the same lines any article to customize an RDP session would be much appreciated. Looking to lock out IGEL OS and Desktop as much as possible for the end user but still be able to get to the IGEL desktop if we need to make configuration changes.
Thanks in advance!
Start a certain application upon connection:
•Program name must start with || (this is how Windows expects it)
Turned out to be just the set-up on the Windows Server was missing.
• Installed Remote Desktop Services
• Established RDSH (remote desktop session host) as a role service
• Established Remote Licensing as a role service
I entered this into the application field to open my Ignition Client Launcher
C:Program FilesInductive AutomationVision Client Launchervisionclientlauncher.exe -Dapp.home=C:UsersGrantek.ignitionclientlauncher-data -Dapplication=MyProject
Ask a question or comment on the above messasge thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- USB webcams in combination with RDP on IGEL OS?
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive
- After upgrading to IGEL OS 11.04.200.01 my Citrix Storefront configuration does not work anymore – Error adding store: AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR
- Citrix session crashes with black screen, any advice and how do I find logging?
- Any plans to support Teams Optimization Pack for VMware?
- IGEL OS on Raspberry Pi?
- IGEL UMS Universal Update Error: “could not resolve host name”