currently struggeling with buddy updates…
We configured one ThinClient as Buddy Update.
On the other ThinClients we applied an “Automatic Buddy Detection” Policy…
Unfortunately we are receiving…
Checking Port 21 via probeport saying “Connection refused” on our buddy update ThinClient 😕
Ok, we found one Buddy Client which is a suitable one…
No idea why, maybe there are some specialties with Switch Config (broadcast!?)… Dunno
@member don’t forget that the Buddy scan broadcast is only available in a same network (if it might help), but if you want to debug a bit start a terminal and issue the command igel_buddy_update_server_scan to see it if the broadcast works!
It was the same subnet but the customer placed some switches he had “in stock” to extend the network on his own…
Thanks for the command that could’ve saved some minutes troubleshooting 🙂
Was that error screen on the client configured as a buddy server? I would see that message on my buddy servers. Triggering a firmware update on it after the profile was applied, even if it was the same firmware level, seemed to fix the issue for that buddy server.
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘Receive error “Connection refused” trying to deploy IGEL OS firmware updates via Buddy Update’. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above message thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- Receiving error: “Citrix Receiver cannot create a secure connection in this browser” when launching a secure connection from Firefox on IGEL OS
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive
- How to change the default IGEL UMS admin password?
- Where to delete the certificates that cause ‘invalid certificate’ when trying to import an IGEL into UMS?
- IGEL UMS Universal Update Error: “could not resolve host name”
- Citrix connection via Netscaler Error: “AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR” on IGEL OS
- IGEL UD3 (LX50) randomly get this error with Citrix: The X Request 130.1 caused error :”10: BadAccess ( attempt to access private resource denied) any ideas?