From UD3 10.5.500, we connect to Citrix VDI (Win10). For a number of videos play via Media Player we get below error on start.
“Windows Media Player encountered a problem while playing the file.”
We can click Close, then “Play Again” and video will start playing. Anyone experienced this?
Do you use the Multimedia Redirection function? If yes, activated on both sides (Citrix Policies and on Igel Endpoint Receiver settings)? I assume that yes, but do you have a Multimedia Codec Pack installed on Endpoint side (AC or C right after your Product ID)?
Have seen that when MPAC was missing… (also saw videos playing flipped when MPAC was not available)
You may also try to use and increase the Citrix / WMA Buffer: docs.citrix.com/en-us/xenapp-and-xendesktop/7-15-ltsr/policies/reference/ica-policy-settings/multimedia-policy-settings.html#windows-media-redirection-buffer-size
No, Multimedia Redirection is not enabled. If it was, Media Player will start the video with a black screen with no audio. Our endpoint Product ID do end with AC. I am going to open a case on Mon.
Found out we have MMPC (“AC” Product ID). We did have video upside-down issue but due to bug in 7.15CU1 VDA. We upgraded to 7.15CU3 and no more problem.
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘Receive error: “Windows Media Player encountered a problem while playing the file.” when trying to play a video on IGEL OS’. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above message thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- Receiving error: “Citrix Receiver cannot create a secure connection in this browser” when launching a secure connection from Firefox on IGEL OS
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive
- How to change the default IGEL UMS admin password?
- Where to delete the certificates that cause ‘invalid certificate’ when trying to import an IGEL into UMS?
- IGEL UMS Universal Update Error: “could not resolve host name”
- IGEL UD3 (LX50) randomly get this error with Citrix: The X Request 130.1 caused error :”10: BadAccess ( attempt to access private resource denied) any ideas?
- Citrix connection via Netscaler Error: “AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR” on IGEL OS