Is there a way to perform a low level system erase (ESC on boot doesn’t seem to do much) on a UD3-LX51 (BRAND NEW)? Getting error “failed to resolve host” after boot and customization keeps failing…
It isn‘t really a error, this could happen when you have profiles that enable a feature which isn‘t activated by default and needs to be installed! Or if you disabled some features, and reset the device.
The device will try to reinstall them after a reset.
Easiest way to avoid this behaviour, is assigning a Firmware Update profile to the top Folder of your UMS Structure, register the device to it, and reset it then to factory defaults.
the device states “starting firmware updates” after bootup and disconnected from the LAN – will not proceed
Does a UMS Registration work? If yes, please try this.
registration fails – seems like a bad device – I have dozens to build and hoping this is the only one with this issue. There’s no other way to perform a low level format on the OS?
repeated error POST boot “failed to resolve host, the system isn’t fully functional”
Not on v10, at least not on a easy way. If using v11, yes.
I‘m pretty sure that nothing is broken but more in a unsafe state. If you have the time, please try a USB Update
will do thanks!
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘Receiving error “failed to resolve host” after boot and customization keeps failing on IGEL OS?’. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above messasge thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- USB webcams in combination with RDP on IGEL OS?
- IGEL OS on Raspberry Pi?
- Can I to use Remote desktop and webcam support via a thin client with IGEL software?
- IGEL UMS Universal Update Error: “could not resolve host name”
- Citrix session crashes with black screen, any advice and how do I find logging?
- After upgrading to IGEL OS 11.04.200.01 my Citrix Storefront configuration does not work anymore – Error adding store: AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR
- What is required for Zoom VDI/Zoom Media Plugin for Citrix on IGEL OS?