Is there documentation anywhere on UMS Database sizing and how much space the database will generally be?
Haven’t seen any docs mentioning anything about DB sizing (unless someone else has seen one) but the DB is generally small, mostly contains the license files, profiles, certs and files.
Of course I find the document I need right after I ask this 🙂
Database Sizing Considerations
General recommendation for sizing the database for the IGEL Universal Management Suite.
UMS database size is primarily influenced by the number of firmware templates stored in the database. Managed thin client devices and Profiles have minor impact only.
The following numbers are a rough estimation about the disk usages of UMS database elements and are valid for embedded database only:
• Calculate 10-14 MB per firmware
• 100 KB per profile (depends on number of activated parameters)
• 100 KB per thin client (depends on number of activated parameters)
• UMS internal logging (event messages, log messages, job executions, shared workplace login history, administrative task history, …) which increases over time
Other factors affecting the database size:
• Database log files: the size of the database log file vary over time any may increase to several 100 MBs during excessive database operations (e.g. ‘Remove unused firmware’)
• Database indices: increase over time; call ‘Optimize database’ in UMS Administrator to reduce the index size manually
Awesome, fairly small DB
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘Recomendation for IGEL UMS Database sizing and how much space the database will generally be?’. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above messasge thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- USB webcams in combination with RDP on IGEL OS?
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive
- After upgrading to IGEL OS 11.04.200.01 my Citrix Storefront configuration does not work anymore – Error adding store: AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR
- Citrix session crashes with black screen, any advice and how do I find logging?
- Any plans to support Teams Optimization Pack for VMware?
- IGEL OS on Raspberry Pi?
- IGEL UMS Universal Update Error: “could not resolve host name”