Is there documentation anywhere on UMS Database sizing and how much space the database will generally be?
Haven’t seen any docs mentioning anything about DB sizing (unless someone else has seen one) but the DB is generally small, mostly contains the license files, profiles, certs and files.
Of course I find the document I need right after I ask this 🙂
Database Sizing Considerations
General recommendation for sizing the database for the IGEL Universal Management Suite.
UMS database size is primarily influenced by the number of firmware templates stored in the database. Managed thin client devices and Profiles have minor impact only.
The following numbers are a rough estimation about the disk usages of UMS database elements and are valid for embedded database only:
• Calculate 10-14 MB per firmware
• 100 KB per profile (depends on number of activated parameters)
• 100 KB per thin client (depends on number of activated parameters)
• UMS internal logging (event messages, log messages, job executions, shared workplace login history, administrative task history, …) which increases over time
Other factors affecting the database size:
• Database log files: the size of the database log file vary over time any may increase to several 100 MBs during excessive database operations (e.g. ‘Remove unused firmware’)
• Database indices: increase over time; call ‘Optimize database’ in UMS Administrator to reduce the index size manually
Awesome, fairly small DB
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘Recomendation for IGEL UMS Database sizing and how much space the database will generally be?’. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above message thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- Receiving error: “Citrix Receiver cannot create a secure connection in this browser” when launching a secure connection from Firefox on IGEL OS
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive
- Where to delete the certificates that cause ‘invalid certificate’ when trying to import an IGEL into UMS?
- How to change the default IGEL UMS admin password?
- IGEL UMS Universal Update Error: “could not resolve host name”
- IGEL UD3 (LX50) randomly get this error with Citrix: The X Request 130.1 caused error :”10: BadAccess ( attempt to access private resource denied) any ideas?
- Citrix connection via Netscaler Error: “AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR” on IGEL OS