Good morning, I was wondering if there is something in UMS that can do any type of alerting. We would like to get notification of machines that go offline for a certain number of minutes.
Good evening, if you are trying to use it like a kind of monitoring, unfortunately no. Can you describe a little bit what purpose you are expecting?
Could you do a View? This won’t alert you but show you the offline devices.
Could ControlUp be used?
@member Yep, with the lastest addition in v7.3 (Linux Monitoring).
Will Test in my Lab tmrw and keep you posted
I haven’t played with CU since before they added Linux support, is it agentless?
I agree with Carl.
Update on ControlUp/IGEL
CU can agentless-ly monitor any Linux OS
CU requires SSH/Bash access to the Linux OS
CU can monitor processes, disk performance and utilization right now
CU in the near future is planning to show Citrix Receiver CPU Utilization and OneSign integration
too bad 😕
I will reach out to the guys if there is a way to make this work…
“ControlUp now supports monitoring RHEL and CentOS Linux v6 and v7 operating systems.”
I got “ControlUp only officially supports a few Distro’s (CentOS, RedHat, Debian)”
Ok, I just quoted the release notes: www.controlup.com/controlup-release-notes/
I know someone in CU so they are currently testing it and seeing whats needed to make it work
Is it Matan?
nah, someone else
Makes totally sense to hide it in the Agent settings when there’s no Agent needed 😂
Thx, will try again in a couple of hours
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘Recomendations for UMS alerting?’. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above message thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- Error “AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR ” adding store in Citrix Workspace App version 20.x on IGEL OS 11.04
- IGEL UD3 (LX50) randomly get this error with Citrix: The X Request 130.1 caused error :”10: BadAccess ( attempt to access private resource denied) any ideas?
- How to change the default IGEL UMS admin password?
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive
- What distro of Linux the IGEL kernel is based on?
- Error connecting to Citrix StoreFront “Error adding store: Http error”
- How to downgrade IGEL OS versions?