Is there a recommendation for a scanner / OCR software for the UD3-LX devices. Is the configuration simple for the end user/admin?
You mean a document scanner?
That thread might help to get a rough overview about a few solutions: igelcommunity.slack.com/archives/C8GP9JHQE/p1562963764075500?thread_ts=1562963162.074900&channel=C8GP9JHQE&message_ts=1562963764.075500
I had pretty good Feedback on a few Fujitsu scanners, will check for names. Software will mot interfere with a local Sane Scanner directly since there is no twain for Linux
When using USB Redirection you have a 50/50 Chance to have it working😔
We run FI-7160’s successfully, though we do not use them for OCR as far as I know.
James, how did you configure the UMS profile for them?
Hi Udo, The only thing we did was add the PID and VID as an allowed device and they were passed through and recognized in our Citrix environment
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘Recommendation for a scanner / OCR software for the IGEL UD3-LX devices.’. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above message thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- Receiving error: “Citrix Receiver cannot create a secure connection in this browser” when launching a secure connection from Firefox on IGEL OS
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive
- How to change the default IGEL UMS admin password?
- Where to delete the certificates that cause ‘invalid certificate’ when trying to import an IGEL into UMS?
- IGEL UMS Universal Update Error: “could not resolve host name”
- Citrix connection via Netscaler Error: “AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR” on IGEL OS
- IGEL UD3 (LX50) randomly get this error with Citrix: The X Request 130.1 caused error :”10: BadAccess ( attempt to access private resource denied) any ideas?